Top 7 Healthy Office Snacks
Born and brought up in a health conscious generation, we all want to stay fit and in shape. But when we are at work, often in the midst of strict deadlines and piles of work, junk foods often seem irresistible. As much as they taste delicious, these foods are cancerous to our health. So , here is a list of 7 Best Healthy Snacks which you can lay hold off at work sans worrying about your weight as they are packed with nutrients and can also satiate your appetite.
1. Low Fat Popcorn : We all have grown up eating popcorn during movies’. However, little did we know that this finger licking snack is packed with multiple nutrients which makes it extremely beneficial for health. The presence of iron, protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 coupled with high amount of fiber and whole grain provide numerous benefits like proper digestion, formation of new blood cells and building blocks , while making our stomach feel full at the same time. The low calories and fat makes it an idle snack for weight conscious people. But remember to not to smother it with salt, butter or sugar as it will kill off its nutritional values.
2. Fresh Fruits : Fresh and seasonal fruits are one of the best snacks one can have at work. These fresh and seasonal fruits keep you healthy and fit and also fulfill your appetite. The presence of high amount of fiber in fruits aids in proper digestion . Fruits, specifically Banana and grapes, have natural sweeteners in them, which makes it perfect for people with sweet tooth. Low amount of calories and fat coupled with good amount of almost all vitamins and minerals make fruits one of the healthiest snacks to be consumed.
3. Dark Chocolate: Now, we have to no longer resist the temptation of grabbing a chocolate as it is backed by studies that consuming dark chocolate is a boon for health. It is a well-known fact that Dark chocolates lower the cholesterol level and risks of cardiovascular diseases while also making you feel full . Also, the presence of high amount of fiber in it acts like an antidote to gastro tract problems as good amount of fiber prevents constipation, improves the digestive tract and helps in prevention of colon cancer. The presence of anti-oxidants prevents the cells from damage and increases immunity. But remember to consume a dark chocolate which has high content of cocoa.
4. Yogurt Cup : Yogurt makes for a cool summer drink that can be gulped down while you are at desk. The luscious creamy stuff is laden with number of nutrients which provides several health benefits. To start with, yogurt aids in weight loss as the presence of calcium in it helps in burning the calories faster but one should opt for low fat yogurt only. Also, being a source of high class protein, it boosts one’s immunity and also rejuvenates the cells of body. Yogurt is excellent for people suffering from digestive ailments as the presence of good bacteria like ‘Probiotics’ in yogurt speeds up the metabolism that improves digestion.
5. Dry Fruits : As small as they look, these little dry fruits make for the perfect snack to grab while you are at work. They are the powerhouse of nutrients and should be consumed regularly , but in moderate amounts. Dry fruits like almonds and raisin help in the formation of red blood cells that improve hemoglobin and treat gastro tract problems. While Cashews lower the cholesterol level, Walnuts, being rich in anti-oxidants, shield the body against diseases and boost immunity.
6. Roasted Chickpeas : Laden with number of vitamins and minerals, roasted chickpeas make for an excellent work snack. High amount of protein and iron in it ensue good immunity power and formation of hemoglobin in the blood, which keeps anemia at bay. Also, the presence of high fiber prevents constipation and ensures proper digestion. Also, the presence of magnesium and folate strengthen the blood vessels and lower bad cholesterol or LDL .
7. Dates : Being rich in Proteins, iron, fiber, vitamin B1,B2,B3, C, A, potassium and sodium, dates are undoubtedly the powerhouse of nutrients that help in formation of red blood cells, providing immunity to the body, lowering the cholesterol level , curing constipation, etc. Also, the presence of carbohydrates in it makes it an ideal use whenever you feel low on energy. The natural sugars in dates boost body’s energy level and control your appetite by making you feel full.